Monday 18 January 2016

Winter wonderland

Art Impressions challenge this week is about Winter Wonderland. I didn't need to go far for some inspiration, for it was a stunning -32 degrees Celsius today. It is cold for sure, but as my husband says, extreme temperatures, extreme beauty. At the end of this blog, a photo he took in December, when the temperatures hit nearly -40C at the place where we spend most of the winter.

But first to the AI challenge. Santa was very kind to me and got me 2 very generous gift boxes of AI stamps. Among them this heartwarming Fred & Millie stamp. The card is bigger than most of my cards, 15x15cm. I think the extra space was needed this time. 

Handmade cards



Handmade cards
I added some white Distress Stickles to create frost on the ground and embellishment  



Handmade cards
In my little bag of New Zealand Paua shells I found an almost perfect heart shape 


Materials used:
Stamp: AI Fred & Millie
Paper: BG Jovial Blizzard 
Coloured with Distress inks & markers
Tag cut out from Garphic45 Home Sweet Home papers 

I submit the card to AI Challenge #175 






And finally, I promised you to post my husband's photo of the beautiful -40 degrees Celcius. This was taken in KilpisjƤrvi, very northern part of Finland. It was during the polar night, when the sun doesn't rise for 6 weeks above the horizon. But, as you can see, it is not dark and terrible, but rather beautiful. If you want to see more of his stunning photos, click the picture, it'll take you to his page. 




Thanks for stopping by, and please leave a comment! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!